Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Report on the Lending Club $50 Bonus

Two weeks ago I posted about the Lending Club $25/$50 signup bonus, which is still available now. If you would like to sign up, see my post here for details.

In my opinion it is a great offer. There is NO hard credit pull. You do NOT have to lend or borrow any money. Your money is FDIC insured. And you can earn more for referring your family and friends.

Therefore, I signed up for a lender account on 12/18/07, and deposited $1,000 on 12/20/07 to get $50. Then I got totally $125 referral bonus within 5 business days. I would thank the readers who signed up through my referral link. Now I am waiting for the $100 ($50x2) referral bonus from my wife. My account activities are shown as below:

Date Description Amount
12/28/07 Referal Bonus $125.00
12/28/07 Transfer to external account $1,000.00
12/20/07 Transfer from external account $1,000.00
12/20/07 Lending Club verification debit $0.29

BTW, Lending Club might be another source of direct deposit besides PayPal and ING, as the transaction from Lending Club was shown as "DIRECT DEPOSIT DEPOSIT LENDING CLUB" in my bank account.

Happy new year and earn more in 2008!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Signed up through your link and deposited $1000... Got my $50. Thanks!

FreeMoneyMaker said...

Hi Dwizzo, I also got $50! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Just signed up.
One question: the FAQ says we can sign up for 2 accounts: lender and borrower.

Can we sign up for 2 and get 2 bonuses? :D

FreeMoneyMaker said...

Hi Z, smart idea! If it works, you can get another $25! I am too busy these days and would try that later.

Anonymous said...

Alright, I'll just wait for the first bonus to post before trying anything. ;)

Anonymous said...

One more thing:
Do you think that with 2 accounts, one could, in theory, lend money to him/herself.

With this promo:
Lend $5000 and earn a 5% cash bonus on the money you lend.
Act now! Offer ends February 3rd. See more details

It's a windfall!

FreeMoneyMaker said...

Hi Z, that's another great idea! But I'm afraid they would catch that. I already received an email from them saying that they held my recent referral bonuses because I transfered all my money out and they were wondering if I was planning to lend any money. If you would try, be aware of a hard pull for a loan.