Tuesday, December 18, 2007

$25/$50 Bonus Lending Club Account

Lending Club is offering a referral program with $25 or $50 sign-up bonus.

Here's the program from Lending Club website (after logging in):

When you refer friends to Lending Club and they become borrowers or lenders, we will deposit a bonus into each of your Lending Club accounts. You will each earn:
$25 when your friend becomes a lender or borrower OR
$50 when your friend opens a lender account with an initial deposit of $1,000 or more

If you click my referral link and sign up in the same browser session (don’t close your browser) you will get $25 (so will I); If you deposit $1000 on your first deposit you will get $50 (so will I). And then you will have your own referral link to get more bonuses from your family and friends.

There is no hard credit pull and you do not have to lend out any money to get the bonus. And you money is FDIC insured if it is not lent out.

Signing up is relatively straightforward. Just fill in your name and email address, set a password, pick a screenname (mine is "freemoneymaker"), answer some identity verification questions, add your bank information for funding, and then select to be a lender or a borrower. Wait for a few days and verify the amount that has been withdrawn from your bank account, then make a deposit ($1000 to get $50).

The bonus will show up in your account in a few days and then you can transfer the money back to your bank account.

The average return is ~12% if you would try to lend your bonus money out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used your referal link, and my $1000 has been sitting in my lending club account for about two weeks now. Still no luck with the bonus yet. Wonder how long normally does it take for the bonus to show up?

FreeMoneyMaker said...

Thank you for using my referral link. I am really sorry to hear that. Usually the bonus comes within 5 business days and your balance should be $1,050 then.

There should be no problem for you to get the bonus, as the promotion is still available now. You can ask them about your bonus via email or phone. Below are their contact information:

For assistance, please send an email to us at contact@lendingclub.com.

Toll-Free Member Support: (866) 754-4094
Hours: 8:00am–5:00pm PST, Monday–Friday

Good luck!

FreeMoneyMaker said...

I just checked my LendingClub accout and there is no any bonus in these 2 weeks either.

Anonymous said...

I contacted the lending club support, and they told me that your referral link is not correct. They said they would honor the bonus, and would inform you to correct your link.

FreeMoneyMaker said...

Hi, my friend, thank you VERY much for telling me that! I've updated the link.

BTW, the old link worked well for my wife and several readers. Maybe Lending Club updated their referral system recently.